If you are not putting enough time and energy into dealing with customers and seeing that they are well cared for, you are doing you and your business a disservice. You need to understand that what you and your employees say and how you say it, matters very much when dealing with your customers. Just simply selling your wares isn’t like it used to be before the internet strongly came into play. Now, you must put your best foot forward and help people understand what you sell, how you sell it, and what you are doing after you sell it. More and more, people are wanting to get the most for their money, that’s great!, I know I do! But what you must be certain of is to communicate what you’re about in your marketing plan and in your daily customer service.
People want to know why it’s better to buy that certain something from you instead of getting it from someone else. They want to feel good about giving you their hard earned dollar. You need to show your personality off. People want to know who you are. If you have personal causes, talk about them. If you like a certain sport, talk about it. Let others know the personality behind your business name. Get social, if you’re not already.
We all have competitors, check them out. See what they’re doing to brand their business. Get your customer service team motivated to talk about your favorite things with customers. If people are not sure about what you do, sell, or care about, they will simply go find it elsewhere. That’s a risky adventure I want to steer clear of!
If you’re passionate about what you’re doing, tell the world about it. That’s why customer service and business branding go hand in hand, it’s that important and just that simple.
Here’s a simple guideline to follow:
- Every communication with a customer is an important one. Enjoying what you do will shine through. Try to stay upbeat, positive and ALWAYS grateful.
- Always follow up after every sale with a Thank You card, a phone call, email, something to let them know they’re appreciated.
- Keep up on current trends and issues. This will help you stay at least toe to toe with your competition.
- Keeping your employees content helps keep your bottom line protected and promotes better business branding, then everyone wins.
- More than anything, be true to you. If you’re not running your business the way you really want to–change it. The happier you are, the happier your employees and customers will be.